The Caravan Industry Association Western Australia (Inc) (CIAWA) is the peak Caravan and Camping Industry body for Western Australia. Formed as a not for profit Association in 1963, our role is to represent and provide Members with a wide range of services that will assist in the operations of their business and raise industry awareness amongst consumers.
With an elected Board of Directors representing the Membership, our core pillars of service to Members are:
- Promotion of the Caravan and Camping Lifestyle
- Preserve the affordability and availability of the lifestyle for all West Australians
- Advocate on behalf of Members and the industry across all Government levels
- Form links with other key industry stakeholders and groups
Working within those pillars the services provided over the past 12 months for the 2012/2013 year include;
- Producing an annual Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Guide for Western Australia with a distribution throughout Australia of 110,000 copies
- Organising the Perth Caravan and Camping Show, a 5 day showcase of the lifestyle with 46,000 visitors and over 300 exhibits
- Undertaking over $500,000 of advertising for promotion of the industry
- Purchase of an Association owned building for permanent housing of the Association
- Organising a regional Caravan and Camping Show in Kalgoorlie Boulder
- Forming an alliance with the Commonwealth Bank to provide benefits to Members
- Advocacy to Government through the Department of Commerce in undertaking the Review of the Residential Parks (Long Stay Tenant) Act 2006
- Submission to Treasury regarding excessive Stamp Duty on Motorhomes compared to other states in Australia
- Submission to the Building Commission and Department of Local Government on sustainable housing regulations affecting park cabins and homes
- Submissions to Tourism Western Australia into the Caravan and Camping Action Plan
- Working with the Department of Transport on compliance issues and National Associations on the importation issues of non compliant products.
- Undertaking industry research, and;
- Communication of industry issues to Members through our quarterly newsletter and emails.
Please view information on our Membership categories on this site or contact us directly to find out more.